Sunday, February 17, 2019

The Wedding Dinner

The day we have been anticipating for since his birth is finally here - he finally got married in July 2015.

My speech during the dinner goes as follows;

Quote
I find it ironical that I am here making a speech when I have been struck speechless more times than I have ever been before.

Mr n mrs Alain sew hee. Ladies n gentlemen. Good evening n welcome. Since arriving here, we have been left speechless by the enchanting beauty of Mauritius. My family n I are also at a loss for words to adequately express our appreciation for the warmth and hospitality that have been shown to us by mr n mrs Alain n their families.

Saylee n I are also speechless with joy to be here on this very happy occasion that we have been anticipating since the birth of our son.

A boy from the distance shores of Borneo, a girl from the tiny paradise island of Mauritius, meeting in the vast continent of Australia - is it fate? The Lord works in mysterious ways....

Now Stella n Shaun presents us with one precious gift - hope. No, it is more than hope - it is the belief that in this place n at this moment, love is alive n well.

Shaun - your mum n I have been keeping our fingers n toes crossed for years that you will find your soulmate. It is with great relief that we can finally uncross all these digits now that arthritis is setting in. Or maybe not ..... We still have to keep them crossed for Jared.

Stella - Saylee n I are wordless with happiness that you are now part of our family. With 2 sons, we have always longed for a daughter! We cannot be more proud and joyful to have such a lovely, bright n thoughtful young woman fill this void in our lives. To say that we have been waiting for you for a while is an enormous understatement.

Shaun n Stella, your journey only starts here today. Happy marriage begins when you marry the one you love, but they will blossom when you love the one you married.

Love never gives up, love never looses faith, love is always hopeful n endures thru every circumstances - 1 Corinthians 13:7

This is the end of my speechless speech. Thank you all. Thanks for being here.

Unquote







No comments: